Sunday, May 19, 2013

Overclocking Asus EeePC 1015BX



Asus EeePC 1015BX is a cheap netbook with AMD APU C-60 with ATI HD 6290 graphic chipset. 2 GB RAM are soldered on mainboard so there is no chance to upgrade it.

By default the clock speed of C-60 is 1.0Ghz but this CPU has Turbocache which is can boost the speed automatically to 1.3Ghz when it load some heavy application. But I’m not satisfied with this speed when I need it to play a heavy game like Assassin’s Creed 2.

This is the CPU-Z result before and after overclocked :

notoc

brazosoc

I found a way to overclock this CPU with a software called Brazos tweaker. And I’m surprised, this low end processor can overclocked to 1.6 Ghz easily. Here I show you how to do it.

  1. Download Brazos Tweaker here.
  2. Set P0 State Mult = 2.5 VID = 1.0500, P1 State Mult = Default VID = 0.900, P2 State Mult = 8.0 VID = 0.75
  3. Just leave the other set by default
  4. Choose High Performance, Apply and reboot.

Now I can play my fave Assassin’s Series with better FPS. Enjoy.

Filled Under:

1 comments:

  1. Its fake. This seems to be overclocked but its not.
    Do a benchmark, and tell me if i'm wrong.

    ReplyDelete