Saturday, November 17, 2012

LinuxMint 14 RC (Nadia) on Asus EeePC 1015BX



I've been searching for good operating system for my little netbook Asus EeePC 1015BX. I try many OS on this machine from Windows 7, Ubuntu, PCLinuxOS and even Windows 8. But only Windows 7 which is make me comfort. Ubuntu 12 make my netbook was working so hard. Drained my battery and the system fan was always run on high speed. There is too much problem while I'm installing PCLinuxOS on it. And Windows 8 is not for netbook. I have a problem with screen resolution.

Then I saw on internet that LinuxMint was launch their latest software called Nadia. I try to install it on my Asus EeePC 1015BX and try it for a few days, I don't like live version. Installation progress is just like another linux distros, maybe it's take an hour or less to complete. But something surprise me when I have to make partition on my harddrive. Not like another distros which use a wizard for making partition. So you can let them decide how much partition you have to create. On LinuxMint, you need to decide it by yourself.



LinuxMint 14 running smooth on my Asus EeePC 1015BX. I have no serious problem until today. It's very fast and stable. I'm little bit worried with ATI Radeon chipset on this netbook. So I install the proprietary driver from AMD websites. And it's running well.

I will give you an update if there is a problem with this OS. 

Filled Under:

0 comments:

Post a Comment