By default this netbook are bundled with Windows 7 Starter and or Asus ExpressGate OS. You can't find any driver on bundling CD available for Windows XP installation. I have been trying many OS on this netbook, from Windows 7 to some Linux Distros.
Windows 7 is the best option for this netbook, when the desktop running very smooth and responsive for your office application. But some games are not running well with this OS. I don't know exactly why, due to huge memory need while playing the game or because of DirectX 10 compatibility.
Then I try to installing Windows XP Professional to Asus EeePC 1015BX with all risk. This is not easy to find the XP driver for this netbook. I have to surf and search over the net and find compatible driver.
Here the steps to installing Windows XP on Asus EeePC 1015BX :
1. External USB Optical Drive/ DVD/ CD drive.
2. USB Flash Disk
3. Windows XP installation CD
4. Download XP driver listed the Section 2.
Section 1 :
1. Boot your netbook and goes to BIOS by pressing F2.
2. Set IDE setting to Native IDE
3. Choose your installation device boot priority.
4. Install XP just as usual.
Section 2 :
1. When installation was done, you need to install some driver.
2. ATI HD 6290 Driver, you can find the latest driver on official ATI AMD sites. Click here to go.
3. Realtek HD Audio, you can use driver from CD. That's compatilble with XP too.
4. For Wireless, LAN and other device, you can use skydriver to install the drivers. Download here.
When I'm using Windows 7 on my netbook, I was frustrated because I can't play my favorite Assassin's Creed 2. It's always force closed on Ubisoft logo. I think this netbook has not enough resource to play the game. But I amazed when using Windows XP Pro SP3, Assassin's Creed series was running well altough it run with poor FPS. But, with low setting graphics, I still can play this games.